Mr. Carlo Bosoni and his wife Doriana and Alcare Director when they visited Alcare recently to solicit for rabbit meat products for their company in Italy
Our brief history
On July 25, 2010, the founder of AKL, George Kibanya, resigned from a top management job at the largest media house in East and Central Africa to start his most favorite passion that is rabbit farming.
With only a laptop and a brain, he was determined to make it in the agribusiness venture whatever the odds.
After approaching several supermarkets and hotels to sell the meat, it took only a short while before his clients started calling for a specific breed of rabbits for its patrons and soon the cheese moved.
Today, George has trained personnel for the business. Lucy Mwangi has taken up the passion and is in charge of all operations of Alcare Group in Kenya.
CANADA DORWAN GIANT RABBIT WAS BORN!
Alcare prides more than 1500 farmers in East and West Africa with more farmers for Ducks and Poultry.
If you want to start a rabbit farm, you need the following:
1. A passion for rabbit farming
2. Considerably small space in your backyard, compound, plot, samba or rented space
3. Capital to purchase the basic construction equipment and starter stock
4. Adequate and proper information from our website, other sources and our consultative forum (do not ignore this part)
5. Adequate time and dedication or a caretaker equally charged to do rabbit farming for you.
6. Apprentice training for your caretaker if not yourself taking care of them.
PLEASE NOTE RABBIT FARMING IS NOT A GET RICH QUICK VENTURE! IT NEEDS QUITE SOME WORK TO GET THE DESIRED RESULTS…
Past collaborations and Future Collaborations
AKL has worked with different groups and organizations which include the following;
AHADI Kenya Trust
Bayer East Africa
United for Children in Africa
Kiambu Unity Finance
AKL is keen to collaborate with stakeholders in the levels of poverty eradication, the youth and women, and therapy for the aged.
Potential collaborators can get in touch with us for possible ways to work together. We can provide wealth creation in many areas.